REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT, DEVELOPMENT (CENTRAL AND WESTERN OHIO)
Exempt Salaried Position Description
In coordination with the President, this position is responsible for the planning, development and interpretation of fund-raising activities and strategies for The Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges (OFIC) in the central and western Ohio regions. It includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate and foundation donors of OFIC to raise philanthropic support and make campus to career connections between corporate Ohio and students attending our member-campuses.
Organizational Relationship and Scope
Reports to the OFIC President and is accountable for the proper interpretation and fulfillment of the position, its specific and general responsibilities and related authority and relationships.
This position, along with the President and the Regional Vice President, Development for northeast Ohio, comprise the external fundraising team for the organization. Position works in concert with fundraising team and internal staff to coordinate and manage fund-raising activities in conjunction with appropriate volunteers to achieve fund-raising goals as established by the OFIC Board of Trustees on an annual basis.
1. Assists the OFIC President in determining and establishing annual fund-raising goals and objectives, as well as long-range plans, programs and fund-raising policies/procedures for OFIC Board approval.
2. Assists the OFIC President in implementing new methods of solicitation and serves as the campaign director for assigned campaign areas (Columbus, Northwest Ohio, Toledo, Dayton, Cincinnati, and other areas as assigned); assists with select out-of-state solicitations; serves as liaison for OFIC-member-campus development and career center officers.
3. Proactively works with the OFIC staff and members of the OFIC Board to screen and evaluate funding prospects, and assists in the identification and recommendation of new corporate members for the Board of Trustees from assigned regions of Ohio.
4. Works with trustees, OFIC-member presidents, development officers, career center directors, and OFIC staff to carry out the action plans approved by the OFIC President.
5. Evaluates and rates prospects for major gifts and special solicitations in assigned campaign areas, based upon input from corporate and collegiate members of the Board of Trustees and OFIC internal information and research.
6. Identifies new and creative fund-raising and campus to career programs to increase the level of financial support from corporate and foundation prospects for OFIC and its member-campuses.
7. In conjunction with the OFIC President, cultivates new sources of potential major gifts and targeted fund-raising solicitations.
8. Works with OFIC staff in production of proposals and special communications for grants to corporate and foundation prospects.
9. Represents OFIC at various civic, corporate and professional organization’s events as might be mutually agreed upon with the OFIC President.
10. As appropriate, works with internal staff to develop ongoing campaign operating procedures related to OFIC fund-raising functions to facilitate increased levels of performance, minimize costs and maximize results.
11. Completes special tasks and projects as assigned by the OFIC President.
Requirements for this Position
Minimum requirements include:
a) Bachelor’s degree and a minimum five years professional fund-raising experience in a nonprofit setting; higher education advancement experience is valued, yet five years of sales success may serve as a substitute
b) Proven ability to achieve fund-raising goals and work in team environment with staff and volunteers
c) Effective communicator (verbal and written)
d) Technologically literate
e) Self-disciplined to achieve goals without direct daily supervision; comfortable working with community leaders, executives, volunteers, and donors
f) Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within Ohio
To apply, email a cover letter outlining qualifications, a resume and three professional references to OFIC at email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately, candidates are encouraged to apply by July 15. No phone calls or agency inquiries, please.