Daniel and Laura Keller Family
Endowed Scholarship Program
Established by Daniel and Laura Keller, the Daniel and Laura Keller Family Endowed Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior who is currently enrolled in a Cincinnati Youth Collaborative program and plans to attend an Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges (OFIC) institution. Each year a minimum of one renewable $2,500 scholarship will be awarded providing the student maintains the GPA requirement and continues to attend an OFIC college or university. The deadline to apply is April 15, 2018. The scholarship will be awarded to the recipient no later than mid June, 2018.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior with at least a 2.5 GPA
- Applicant must be in enrolled in a Cincinnati Youth Collaborative (CYC) sponsored program (i.e., Talent Search, Project REACH, College Resource Center [through CATC or Library partnership] or Mentoring Programs).
- Applicant must submit a completed online scholarship application.
- Applicant must submit a high school transcript or similar document from school containing academic information. Also, submit official ACT or SAT scores if they are not recorded on your transcript.
- Applicant must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid application (FAFSA). Once application is complete, applicant must submit a copy of the SAR report by the scholarship deadline. http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Applicant must attach a one page essay (please see details included in application)
- Applicant must submit 2 references. One must be from a school official (applicant’s principal, guidance counselor, or teacher). The other can be from any of the following employer, organizational/community leader, church official, etc. who has knowledge about your character. Reference should include his/her name, contact information and relationship to you. References from relatives are not acceptable.
- Applicant must be enrolled at or accepted to one of The Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges’ (OFIC) 33 member private colleges or universities (click here for the complete list of institutions).
- Deadline to submit application and all required materials is April 30, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship Recipient Responsibilities: The recipient(s) of the scholarship will be required to do the following in order to maintain the scholarship:
- Send a note of appreciation to Daniel and Laura Keller through OFIC.
- Participate in CYC’s college transition and persistence programs.
- Meet with academic advising to schedule classes
- Commit to providing CYC with 10 hours of community service by assisting with initiatives that encourage and inspire high school students to pursue college.
- Submit grades to CYC and OFIC each term.
- Required minimum college or university GPA
- Freshman year 2.2 / 2.2 Cumulative
- Sophomore year 2.4 / 2.3 Cumulative
- Junior year 2.6 / 2.4 Cumulative
- Senior year 2.8 / 2.5 Cumulative
- Respond to CYC when contacted monthly to provide update on studies.